View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 10:43 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Peavy had eight walks in 45.2 innings coming into today. In this game, he walked five in six innings. Just a rare bad day for Jake. For the most part, he beat himself.

The Sox weathered this stretch of 15 of 18 games on the road with a 9-9 record. Not too shabby. The injured guys who are going to come back will be back soon.

We'll see if they can get hot in June and at least make it a little interesting.
I feel the same way. This was a 4W-3L road trip that included a west coast swing. It felt a bit worse then that since they ended it with two losses. If Santiago holds that 4-0 lead on Saturday, I think the mood around here would be better. There were few positives on this trip. Overall, the offense looked better. We were at least putting runners on base and giving ourselves a chance to score. We had multiple double digit hit games too and a week ago, that seemed impossible. The walking dead of Dunn and Keppinger had a productive road trip although I'm a bit concerned about Adam's back spasms messing up his hot streak. Gordon Beckham is likely to return in a few days which will solidify the defense again and will almost certainly be an improvement over what we've gotten from Keppinger. We'll just have to see what happens here. The Sox have a track record of climbing into divisonal races in June.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin