View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
Mitchell was also coming off being named the College World Series MVP and being compared to Carl Crawford. He was the wrong pick, but he was considered a first rounder by most scouts. If can't see how anyone would be "confused" by the pick.
Well, I meant some of us in the draft thread. That draft was televised and the analysts were saying the same thing. High ceiling, but really raw and older for his level of advancement. Reworking his swing from scratch was mentioned as priority one. Guess what we didn't do?

I can't seem to find the thread in search, but I remember being really mad about the pick. I didn't think it was right, and if the wanted to go OF, Trout was the obvious choice (though I had some pitchers still on the board higher too). We picked Plegley in that supplemental round instead of Tanner Scheppers, which made me even madder. Granted, he only ended up being a pen arm, but he's been dominant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that Mitchell hadn't played baseball much until his senior year of high school. He was certainly a toolsy player but was obviously very raw and would need a lot of development. Given the Sox inability to develop even relatively mature position players (though I can't remember the last time they drafted one) it would have seemed to be a poor fit. But Kenny loved drafting toolsy players who also played football.
Correct