View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 01:12 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
That's a question that's been floating around for a couple of weeks, but with no definite timeframe. The organization is really pulling for DeMichele in W/S, as he was a higher draft choice. But he really scuffled with the bat in April and has been barely passable in May.

It's an interesting choice for the development staff at this point. You have two guys approximately the same age playing at different levels. One is a third rounder, plays good defense but has struggled at the plate. The other is a ninth rounder, has hit the ball well, but struggles in the field.

Personally I would not consider a promotion at this time. DeMichele is starting to swing the bat better and Johnson's numbers are probably a bit inflated playing in low A. I don't see how you could play these kids together either. Neither is really suited to play another position in the infield and neither is an outfielder by trade.
I believe Micah Johnson played some outfield at Indiana. In fact, there was speculation that he'd have to go to cf because his hands are not good.

That said, I am not on the Micah Johnson bandwagon yet. Seems his tools lag behind his production. Guys like that generally fall offby Double A.