View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 04:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Autographed Baseball

I played a lot of baseball over here in UK the 80s and 90s with guys a lot younger than me, won a few division II titles and was on a division I champ one year. I had a lot of fun.

My team manager was in the UK organization (BBF) and went to conventions, etc. One, in Japan, had some mlb ex-players attending. He brought me back a ball with a bunch of signatures. It's been in a box for a long time. The names on it are:

Bill Matlock
Manny Sanguillan
John Montifusco
Tippy Martinez
Ronnie Stennett
Ozzie Virgil Jr.
Orlando Cepeda
Julio Cruz
Steve Yeager
Wally Yonamini
Harmon Killebrew
Cesar Cedeno
Bert Campaneris
Mike Torrez
Minnie Minoso
Roy White
Sadahuru Oh
Duke Snider
Jim Mudcat Grant
Jay Johnston
Ed Kranepool
Doc Ellis

I'm not sure what to do with it. Leave it in the box for my daughter to find when I'm gone?? I didn't think I should post on WSI, but I'm looking for a starting point. Some of the names are significant to me, others not so much. An eclectic group in any case.

I have looked online but didn't see anything quite like it. I would like to know if it is significant so if anyone has any ideas where I might start to find out if it is of value, for my daughter's sake as I just like having it, I'd appreciate hearing them. If not, I apologize for bothering you.

Here's hoping the offense wakes up and we have more fun with the White Sox than recently!