View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 04:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
You can get these auto's verified by reputable businesses like PSA or Beckett who do cards also I believe. I have a whole bunch of HOF auto's I want to get graded and get verified myself. It adds value to the item but it is a little pricey, like 30 bucks per signing I believe. Not sure what a ball would cost. I assume they have a database of sigs they use to verify with. Value goes way up after they stamp the approval letter to it. I disagree that the ball is worthless. Oh, Killebrew, and Snider, as well as Minnie are all HOF (except Minnie) standard players. Legends really. The other poster might be right about the other sigs bringing the value down but there are some cool players there as well from that era. I would just put it in a nice display case and show it off to visitors, it's a very cool ball. Fake auto's do not include a list of players like that . If you really want to, check e- bay and search the web for auto's of these players and compare, I always do that just to verify if I didn't see it signed myself.
Thank you for that. This was the kind of discussion I was hoping for. Money is not the indicator of all value. In this instance I was given the ball and I will give it away one day. I'm not worried about whether or not people think it is genuine because I know it is genuine. Even the names I never heard give it a significance to me. It's a bit of history in my hand.