View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Well again, you've proven yourself to be a pretty terrible scout so you're just going to have to live in a world where not everyone takes your opinions as 100% fact.

Because part of the 5-year plan to build a perpetual winner could easily include a 2-year plan to be competitive again? Very, very few teams go from last to first place overnight even after years of hording away young kids in the minors hoping they develop into MLB talent. Almost every team makes small steps in the process of rebuilding.
I feel like no one here reads a scouting report that isn't given by Hawk. Seriously. What I've said shouldn't be new knowledge or even questioned. It's been mentioned by numerous sites, like fangraphs and espn, and even by local outlets (like southside sox and white sox observer). Everyone pretty much has the same to say. The stuff isn't there, he's placing decently (especially early in games), and it's his motion that's helping.

I'm not arguing that a 5-year plan to build a perpetual winner couldn't easily include a 2-year plan to be competitive. I believe that to be so. Instead, I'm arguing that a 5-year plan to build a perpetual winner cannot include a 2-year plan to be competitive given the assets of this team, because of it's current roster, lack of any semblance of organizational depth, high salaries on the books, shoddy scouting, poor player development, and a dearth of quality free agents likely to be available within our price range.