View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 08:52 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Yes, and living causes death. That doesn't mean instead of walking on the sidewalk, I'm going to jump off a cliff.

Sale has the worst possible motion in the history of baseball, one that has never not lead to a severe injury in it's purest form. Only those with a borderline inverted W (Glavine, Smoltz, Drysdale, Pedro Martinez, Blylevin) survived it, some better than others. The key difference is they never let their elbow get above the level of their shoulder (which in the traditional and dangerous inverted W is what causes catastrophic injury). The only thing that could make it more dangerous for his arm is if he cut it off and threw that at home plate. That isn't hyperbole. Sale has a true inverted W. If he pitches his career with that and doesn't blow out his elbow, he'll be the first person in baseball history to do so.

I know everyone's going to run and look that up. Make sure your site differentiates between a true inverted W and borderline. The key difference is the location of the elbow in relation to the shoulder.
You forgot about Yu Darvish. It all looks so hopeless. I think baseball has to consider having mechanical pitchers on the mound. It's just too dangerous for humans.

http://pitchingguru.hubpages.com/hub...njury-Disaster

Last edited by SI1020; 06-25-2013 at 01:33 PM.