View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
Why? Not me. Any fan with any semblance of baseball IQ knows this team needs to be greatly restructured , and that means hard decisions. I disagree, I think most Sox fans know these kinds of things need to be done for the betterment of the future. If you are sore because an aging Konerko is gone you don't know baseball or the Sox. Konerko is a 10/5 player so any trade would have to have his ok.
Based on your posted WSI join date, I believe you missed the mid-2000s peak usage of teal-colored typeface to designate sarcasm on WSI. I believe blandman was being sarcastic.

I also would trade Paulie. Then again, I've been trying to trade him on WSI since late 2003.

The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.