View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 09:59 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie View Post
I can't see anyone giving up much for Danks with how big his contract is and how he's not showing what he used to be. Konerko is out with a back injury, Nd he's an expiring deal. There's not much return there, and I doubt JR trades him. Crain and Thornton will be first to go, and I hope followed by Rios and then Jake if he shows he can throw a decent start or two.

Reed could get a decent return, and he might be your blue chip here because he has none of the three: injury, expiring contract, albatross contract.
Konerko's not going to get traded when the Hahn says everyone but Sale and Konerko is available, it probably means that Paul's not going to waive his 10/5 rights. I have a pretty strong feeling that this is his last season and he wants to retire as a member of the White Sox.

Danks is worth holding on to because he's not likely to fetch any return that has any more potential future value than he does, his peripherals so far have been pretty good other than the dramatic increase in HR allowed which is probably just the calling card of a guy who is rebuilding his arm after surgery.

I think there's a chance people expecting the Sox to just gut the team for the sake of gutting it may be in for a bad surprise, the Sox are in the driver's seat with most of their more tradeable players; Peavy, Rios, and Alexei all have deals that go through the 2014 year, and the Sox don't exactly have a plethora of young kids in AA and AAA knocking on the door of the Majors, there's no point in trading veterans for the sake of trading them.