View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 08:18 AM
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRob View Post
I think the point being made is no one on this team should be untouchable, including Sale. A good G.M always listens to offers. If you can get 2 or 3 100 top prospects and 1 or 2 younger reeady to play right now guy they should listen.
I have no idea what the average day for a GM plus his team of underlings is like, but is it possible that by announcing that Sale is unavailable, they are reducing the distractions from trading the other chips that would inevitably come if teams thought Sale might be available? I would think that without the announcement, every phone call from a GM would first include inquiries about Sale. There would also likely be calls from GMs who are only interested in Sale and nobody else on the team. He's obviously the biggest prize available on the White Sox. Maybe Hahn et al do not want to deal with that headache or are worried that they might lose out on some good deals for the other players because they will be too busy talking to other GMs about trades for Sale that won't happen.