I thought I would chime in on this discussion.
A few thoughts:
1. With the depth of our starting pitching we have enough to make next year interesting. Also Danks should be fully recovered from surgery then because thats when other pitchers usually regain their former stuff (Josh Johnson, Wainwright).
2. We have contracts coming off the books and they happen to be players that are no longer helping the team (Konerko, Floyd, etc.) Also we can trade Crain and possibly now Dunn due to his recent hitting.
3. We could easily have 20-30 mil or more to spend in the offseason on free agents such as Morales, Morneau, Choo, and McCann.
4. We need to get rid of at least two of the following: Ramirez, Viciedo, Dunn, De Aza, Flowers. There is just not enough contact in the order and too many hitters with OBP sub .300.
5. I don't see why people want to trade Rios. He is unquestionably the best position player on the team who does so many different things. He is under control for next year with a club option for '15 too. His contract is a fair market value for what he gives you.