View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 11:37 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
???

Our OFs this year have included Wise, Wells, Danks and now Tekotte- if you don't think that is evidence of a lack of talent in the organization- I don't know what to say- 3/4 are off the scrap heap- and Danks just plain sucks.

We also had no OF help last year from the farm system.
You're making 2 different arguments. Tekotte wasn't brought up to "help." He's AAAA fodder that was brought up to ride the bench as a 4th OF. Even if we had prospects that were closer to being ready, they wouldn't have been brought up to fill that role. Your post was overly negative and irrelevant to the situation. It's your right to cry at every opportunity, but its tiresome.

Thompson was hitting .270 last week after a horrible start. His recovery and adjustment to the league show he's a legit prospect.

Hawkins is the youngest player in an advanced league. His K numbers are horrendous, but he's still near or at the top in HR's. everyone knew he was raw. It's way to early to make any definitive judgements about his long term projection.

None of the outfielders will be ready by 14. It doesn't really matter though. 14 is already a sunk year too. This is what rebuilding is all about. We won't know a whole lot about the future and timeline of the rebuild for another month. At this point, there's no reason to cry about it.

*edit*
No OF help last year? Viciedo had a fine season as a first year starter. 2/3rds of the OF were new players that spent time in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).