View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
True, but a big part of it is they are looking to dump Ethier, and they are going to have to take on big salary and give up prospects to get it done(that is if they want a player actually worth the salary). If they traded for Garza, I can't see the Cubs taking on Ethier so they probably have to give up just as many prospects. Besides, the Dodgers have demonstrated they'd rather spend to get the better player. They seem to be interested in making more of a statement to their fans. Being in the NL West, acquiring Peavy would tell their fans they are going all out more than acquiring the others, I would think.
With that offense in that division they should be making a serious run this year. With Ramirez back they have a legitimate shot at going deep in the playoffs if they can find the pitching. They looked all kinds of scary last night when I went to the game here in SF.

Kershaw, Ryu, Peavy and Greinke is one of the best top 4's in the game. And pitching in the NL Peavy would be even more deadly...

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...