View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
I'm young (23), so I don't remember many bad Sox teams. This one right here is the worst Sox team I have ever seen. No one up to bat has a plan, no one on this team can field properly, and the pitching has NO offensive help AT ALL. I never thought I'd see a Sox team have 51 losses before the all-star break. I don't know what else to say what has already been said about this team. What a mess.
I am old enough to have seen some of the train wrecks in the 80s, but this is about as bad as it gets. Having said that, I was disgusted by the constantly underachieving that happened in the 90s almost more than this. I'm disgusted a team that won the World Series only returned to the playoffs once. My point being, sometimes these types of seasons need to happen, and they can be easier to deal with because you let it go for a year or two and return when the franchise gets it's act together. (By "return" I mean watching games regularly.)

Ventura never wanted this role. For all the praise, he needs to show he actually wants to do this. His team died on him last year after being in first for 100 games, and they are one of the worst Sox teams ever this year. That is not a good start to a manager's career.

"I'm sorry that you don't like our 3-4-5 hitters. Or our closer.

"I'm sorry that you don't like our third baseman and our shortstop. Or our left fielder and our right fielder.

"I'm sorry people feel this way about our club. But I also want you to know something about that:

"We don't care."

-Kenny Williams before start of 2005 season