View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 05:41 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
I am a skeptic that McDonough could turn the Sox around.
The Blackhawks had years of losing,and getting high draft picks to stock their roster. Not sure how much McDonough had to do with that.
The core players of Keith, Seabrook, Sharp were already on the roster when he took over. Kane and Toews were just entering their rookie seasons, and already on the roster as well. The only main guy not on the roster was Hossa, but all he did was replace Martin Havlet. McDonough's job was to market the team. Putting the games on TV didn't take rocket science. My wife, who knew nothing about hockey prior to 2007, kept saying this. Although, his connections to WGN didn't exactly hurt, either. Yes, the current front office of the Hawks had something to do with the success, but the timing was just perfect for them. They took advantage of what they had, and more power to them.

Quote:
Sox have not drafted well,and have not had top picks to boot.
So, this year,they will end up with a top pick...time to have a great draft!

I will give Rick Hahn a few years...not sure what the impact can be made from above him,really.
Right, McDonough would just market the team and make going to a Sox game cool and fun. Which, this is exactly what we, as Sox fans, frown on about the Cubs. So, this is what we want know? Personally, I don't really care. I know the ballpark enough to make my own experience happen.