View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 09:26 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
What happened that caused the benches to clear? I didn't get a chance to see any of the game.

Also while it is nice that Phegley is hitting, I am going to wait until the league sees him for the second time. I hope he hits well and can improve his defense but I am not totally sold on him being the long term answer at any position.
Putkonen threw a pitch behind Ramirez. Ramirez immediately stepped out of the box, pointed toward the mound and started walking toward Putkonen. The home plate umpire ejected Putkonen, the catcher grabbed Ramirez and the benches cleared. Eventually, people came in from the bullpen.

Earlier, Sale threw high and tight to Fielder after Cabrera homered. He didn't hit him, and no warnings were issued. Leyland was ejected after arguing, I'm guessing that there had been no warnings issued before the ejection.

And, really, Phegley isn't hitting better than Flowers did his first week of the season. Flowers and Beckham were the top hitters on the team the first week in the season. On opening day, he homered in a 1-0 win. I think the postgame thread was "AJ who?" or something like that. In the second game of the season, Flowers homered to break a 1-1 tie to put the Sox in front for good in a 5-2 in.