Thread: Peavy to AZ?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 11:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I'm not going to give the guy that was happy thinking a lineup/defense that included players with no spot on a legit MLB bench like Viciedo and Flowers would compete in any capacity, any sort of slack. The only way I can rationalize that is that he was purposely trying to tank the team so he could rebuild. If that's not the case, then he's easily the worst general manager in baseball, probably in the last few decades. It's a special kind of baseball ineptitude to see players missing so many pieces and thinking something could happen. I cannot think of a single instance in the last 30 years where players (plural!) were so highly touted by an organization when they were so obviously lacking in ability, both to scouts and other execs as well as with pretty much any fan with eyes.
Considering you thought Rondon was going to be a dominating closer and the Tigers would set a record for the best record of all time( they could tie if they go 65-5), and your well known call about DRose, ripping anyone's player judgement is something you really shouldn't do.