View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 04:05 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
The problem with this analysis is that you are cherry-picking stats.

Through his first nine starts this year, Peavy was 6-2 with a 2.97 ERA. Is that not No. 2 starter material? I believe it is.

His last two starts, during which he went to the mound injured, he was 0-2 with an 8.53 ERA. Twelve of the 32 earned runs he's allowed this year were in his last two starts before he went on the disabled list. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Peavy pitched well all of last season and his first nine starts of this year before he got hurt. Then, he had two awful outings.

Peavy has 66 Ks in 67 IP this year. He's a top-of-the-rotation starter who still misses bats regularly.

I completely disagree with you. He has been pitching like a No. 2 starter for quite some time when healthy. The only question mark with Jake is his health. His performance on the mound is hardly an issue.
Amen. It is so good to hear and see positive feedback. The Sox traded Thornton and got much more for him at this stage of his career than I thought they would. Peavy on a lot of teams would be a No 1 pitcher and is a fierce competeter; which I'm sure a lot of teams already know. If they trade him it is ludacris to think Hahn would not get fair value.