View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 05:36 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marqhead View Post
118 HR in 472 minor league games.

114 HR in 531 major league games.

It's taken him a while to figure it out at the major league level, but the power has always been there.

I agree, which is why i said i think he can be a 40 hr a year guy, but for him to have 37 at the break makes me raise an eyebrow. Look at it this way, the guy has broken 40 in a year(minors and majors combined) once and now he is 3 HRs away from doing it in half a season. Players generally don't deviate from their career norms THAT much unless you are on something. If he pulls a Brandon Inge(albiet Inge only had that burst of power for a month or so IIRC) and plummets back to earth i'll change my tune. But for now, i don't think he's on the level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
He recently said that he believes 61 homeruns is still the record which apparently made Joey Votto upset.
Smoke Screens aren't exactly uncommon when you have something to hide. Remember Mark McGwire having Creatine in his locker? Everybody assumed that was the cause for his power and he was on the up and up. Who would question a guy about steroids who is on the record as saying he doesn't consider a known steroid user as the true record holder?

I realize this comes off as a big reach, but i just can't shake the feeling he is on something. Like i said, baseball has made me cynical of anybody putting up big numbers.

Whenever the Sox or Brewers win, it's PARTY TIME!!!!!

Last edited by ComiskeyBrewer; 07-17-2013 at 05:42 AM.