View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Considering low little crossover play there is between the leagues I don't think that's very far, either. In 2005, for example, the Cardinals finished 1 game better than the White Sox but if you look at the strength of schedules across the league, the American League was decisively better than the NL that year.

I don't see how people could watch last night's game, where there was a significant effort by the players to win and play well, compared to the downright embarrassing half-assery that the NFL and NBA put on and say that the idea hasn't worked beautifully?

Very well stated. The NFL is neutral site and primarily warm weather only. They give advantage to teams built on the passing game. People don't seem to complain about this nearly as much. (Drives me nuts)

NBA gives best record the edge of home advantage in home town. Home team wins 80 percent of the NBA Finals. I enjoy the power being taken out of the best team's hands. Best regular season record is it's own reward. No need for an extra edge of home advantage in my mind.