View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:35 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
If the Sox trade Sale they better get a boat load. I know the organization is lacking in position players but if they move Sale and Peavy this team will just be giving from one strength and picking up prospects who may never pan out to their hype. I have said it before pitching is the hardest to come by; and if they trade their top two pitchers and Rios the only real asset left is Reed. I hope they keep Sale and move some of their dead wait De Aza, Ramirez, Dunn, Axelrod amongst others. I will be anxious to see how Hahn handles things before and after the trade deadline; and hope for the best.
The problem is that you have to give something to get something. If the Sox are truly rebuilding, they need to get good young prospects, of which they currently have far too few. However, you will not get good young prospects by moving "dead weight." You'll only get minor league dead weight in return. Peavy and Rios should each get you something of value. Neither is merely a rental, both can be good to very good to even great, but both also come with question marks, i.e., injuries/mental toughness. Now Sale is something different. If he gets traded, yes, it better be for a boat load, i.e., multiple top young prospects, possibly even MLB players. But he should definitely be available for trade.