View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 08:26 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Gotcha. I'm pretty well resigned to the fact that what we'll be giving up won't be as good as what we get, but I at least want what we get to be decent, and for it to come in numbers.
There is no way I can see a deal for Sale not including 3-4 prospects unless it's two amazing prospects or two MLB player-level prospects and someone is taking Dunn's entire contract off the books next year (even then, I doubt that type of deal and dump would happen).

That's actually an interesting question. What would dumping Dunn's $14 million be worth to you? What would you do with that space? If Peavy and Rios both go plus what we lose in Konerko, that would l be one drastically reduced payroll next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
I never believed that it was imminent because there are 2 Garzas. The oft injured above-average pitcher, or the guy who's pitched like an ace for the last 6 weeks. Cubs want ace return; buyers don't want to pay that.

It should be a lot easier to set Peavy's value once his health is ascertained.
Even healthy, I don't see a nice offer for him. We may have to take what is perceived as "less" because of his extensive injury history.