View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 04:00 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Agree - I don't see the great haul here for the Cubs, after I analyze it. Fading top prospect (been there, done that), a #5, possibly #4 starter, and A ball pitchers. Not what I'm looking for for Peavy.

The Cubs probably have a better roster...of course the Sox have been competitive for the last few years too. As for Theo's approach, I don't see how it differs from the Royals. Who are the studs on their ML roster? Rizzo? Uh, okay. Samardzijia? I see 3 equivalents on the Sox and one clearly better. Russel in the pen? He's pretty good. Castro - 3rd year slump. If these team wins in 2015 proceeding on this tract, fantastic for them. I know that a lot of people like this process of building teams....I just don't think it has a high success rate.
I'm looking for Peavy to actually pitch an entire season, something we haven't seen much of during his tenure with the Sox. Do you honestly think he'll be healthy all of 2014? Even if he is, do you think we'll have enough to seriously contend in 2014?