View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 08:31 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
I was hoping/praying that the Yankees would want Adam Dunn. If the bad guys on the Northside can move Soriano, Zambrano and Milton Bradley, I don't see why the White Sox can't move Dunn. The bad guys have eating alot of money moving those 3 players. The White Sox are going to have to eat alot of Dunns money but the team is better off without him. Moving Dunn would erase the mistake that was made when KW signed Dunn.It would also indicate the White Sox are moving in another direction. Dunn missed another easy throw by Ramirez today. Dunn can't do anything but hit an occasional home run. Hopefully the Adam Dunn era will be coming to an end on the Southside of Chicago soon.
Good point, Dunn and Soriano have similar contracts and Dunn is outhitting Soriano in every major category except batting average.

The question remains, with the Yankees in on Soriano, who'd take him?

We'd still need to eat salary and/or take a bad contract in return. I'd assume all NL teams would pass on him. So out of the AL contenders we realistically have Boston, Baltimore, the Rangers (who we're trying to sell Rios to) and maybe the Angels.

Not sure if I see a match there...