Originally Posted by JB98
In this trade, the Cubs received:
1. A 3B who is hitting .213 with 92 Ks in 273 ABs at AAA.
2. A second-year pro who has never pitched above A-ball.
3. A starting pitcher who had an ERA over 6 in 17 starts with Texas.
This is a "great haul" for what reason? I believe the onus is on you to prove your point.
1) Is a guy who has battle vision problems all season. If you want to say a former top prospect is now a bum because of a 273 at bat sample size during which he has had to see multiple eye specialists, go ahead. I am going to say he is much closer to the guy who did this the three years prior:
Not like this guy was trending downward before the season started.
2) Sure he's a low A prospect but he's got good stuff and in a limited sample size has been great. He's got a plus fastball and a plus curve ball.
3) Grimm is just a major league body, not worth mentioning. But I believe the Cubs will be receiving Neil Ramirez as the Player to be named later.
I will be thrilled if we can bring back a potential impact player of Olt's caliber in a Peavy trade.