View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 08:54 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
The offense just plain imploded. You just can't have a guy like Dunn batting 3rd or 4th, that along with PK in the twi-lite of his career and very un- productive making for a horrible middle of the lineup. Add in players who have no clue of what a good at bat is. The pitching was good enough to contend but with some of the dumbest hitters in the game like Alexei, DeAza and the Tank stinking up the place, we were doomed. Losing AJ and hoping Flowers was ready was a huge mistake. The only pickup was Keppinger, no comment on him. I think the players brought their hitting troubles out to the field with them thus the loss of concentration which led to a ton of errors and bonehead plays.
The rebuilding job is going to be monumental, good luck to Hahn.
I agree. The list of "keepers" is rather thin and Hahn & Co.have a huge task ahead of them in trying to make this team a playoff contender again.

It took the White Sox many years let the organization slide into its current state and it might take at least a few more for Sox management to dig themselves out of this hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
So we're 6 years away from an ALCS appearance? I'll take it.
I think waiting until 2019 for another playoff appearance is unacceptable. We've already gone 5 years without a playoff appearance and 6 more would just be pathetic . And people wonder why the Sox can't build solid attendance numbers.

EDIT: I see that you said "ALCS appearance" - meaning winning an ALDS series six years from now and that we might make the playoffs with a first round exit before then. Even so, that would mean 14 years in between ALCS appearances and only the 2nd ALCS appearance in nearly a quarter century (by that point) of the 3-division/wild card format.

The Sox need to do better than that.