View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 01:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXPHILE View Post
Another thing I learned today comes courtesy of Jeff Samardzija, in an article in today's Tribune about the possibility of the Cubs losing 50 games at home this year. According to Jeff, they were "lights out at home" last year, and "kind of struggling on the road to get their rhythm".

Hmm....a quick look back at their 2012 season (that would be a 101 loss season) - shows they were 38-43 at home, and 23-58 on the road. So, 5 games under .500 is "lights out" now ? 35 games under .500 is "kind of struggling" on the road ?

This is good to know, because by those standards, the White Sox, 32-34 at home so far, are LIGHTS OUT at U.S. Cellular. I don't feel so bad now.......
Old Jeff is in denial. Contrast this with Paulie's take on it. When Konerko was asked to explain the disparity between the Sox home and road record this year, his reply was: "I'm sure we played like **** at home too"
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin