View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 12:02 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
I was kinda surprised he did that, he seems like a really good kid. He did apologize, although i'm sure he was forced to apologize by coaches or agent.

I really was big on Puig for rookie of the year but now I really think Fernandez deserves it.
Eh, he's what? 21 years old? And he just hit his first MLB homer. Boys will be boys. Frankly, I get what McCann and the Braves were maybe trying to say to him... Don't be a dick or you'll wind up with a fastball in your ear, but there's more mature ways to handle it than by confronting the kid at home plate when he finishes his HR trot. Frankly, they were more out of line, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
I don't get this new trend of shutting down pitchers but i'm not a doctor or a scout either. I just don't see how this will help him, i personally feel shutting these guys down will only hurt them.
It's only a couple of starts and for all the jokes about how pathetic the Marlins are, they have had a knack for developing young players so if they think Jose Fernandez can afford to miss the last 2 1/2 weeks of the season, that's they're thing. I don't necessarily mind bringing guys along slowly in their first year or so in the Majors, pitching itself is inherently dangerous and most young pitchers do not know how to pace themselves appropriately for a full 162-game season until they have done it.

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay