View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydude View Post
They probably would have. But there's likely a middle ground between "no comment" and fire and brimstone quotes about "effort" and "desire" or whatever.

Honestly I can only recall the gist of what he says as opposed to specifics because I don't care what any athlete says; only what he does. And its what Peavy didn't do here and very recently in Boston that's the real driving factor in guys mocking him. But mocking him isn't hate; its just a natural response that many have to anyone who says ANYTHING and then doesn't produce.

Sports fans are rarely forgiving to the non-performer. I think his comments have been pretty benign overall but its no big mystery to me why guys rip Jake.
Here's the thing- Peavy never made these bombastic, outrageous quotes about being a bulldog, or anything silly like that. He just said the same thing that any guy who's on the shelf in any sport would say about how badly he wants to be back on the field. All of the attitude that's been added onto those quotes is coming from the people who want to hate him for no other reason than "**** Jake Peavy".