View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:27 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
What the crap? Seriously? Because I don't want a player who would actually manage to make one of the worst lineups in baseball - EVEN WORSE - I'm now a delusional dreamer?
Young's numbers plummeted coming to Oakland which is probably the most pitcher-friendly park in baseball by quite a mile. While never great, he was always at least a serviceable hitter in Arizona and if he still can bring the D, he can help split time with De Aza. I am convinced for the interim, we need to find someone to take some at bats from De Aza in CF, he's just too brittle to play there 150 games or so.

The Sox minor league system is pretty bare, but most of our better prospects are outfielders, so if there's one area the team should be going for veteran, stopgap players, it's there. Trayce Thompson may be ready for a September call up next year. Brandon Jacobs is in AA. Hawkins still has a long way to go, but he's still probably our system's highest ceiling player. The Sox IF is pretty rough, we only have 1 position locked down for years (1B with Abreu).