View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 04:40 PM
WSI High Priest

I watched a little bit of that game and then had to go to my job at Kroger.
There were 11,000 at Wrigley that day which was huge for a weekday Cub game in those days (640,000 for the season) but what I remember most about the Cubs and 1965 was Leo the Lip being hired after the season for the 1966 season. First statement he said was that the Cubs were not an 8th place ball club, he was right they finished 10th in 1966 losing 103 games.
They did turn it around in 67 and had a nice run of winning seasons and a lot of us remember the meltdown in 1969. As Brick used to say "Oh brother".

Thanks for posting, love the Hamms beer commercial. It was weird to see the Reds uniforms with the names under the numbers. I was sort of amazed that Brick did not remember the year of Sad Sam Jones' no hitter in 1955, it was the first no hitter that I remember. As much as I despised the Cubs as I still do, I saw so many more of their games back then on TV and in person because of all the day games, the Sox were only on for home day games also but usually only on Saturdays and Sundays. I really miss those days.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 11-16-2013 at 05:48 PM.