View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 11:32 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
For the first time in a long time I feel like the Sox have a clue and a plan. The Kenny Williams era got dreadful. I mean, from an unbiased perspective, is there anyone alive in terms of baseball GM's with his luck of catching lightning in a bottle once? The man's career sans 1 incredible season was really subpar as a GM. His drafts produced nothing, he pretty much broke even in trades, and had a reputation for being stale bread - Build an 83 win teams and hope they over achieve, every year -. But 1 year, 2005, it all came together. Contreras found it, Freddy found it, the bullpen pitched above their abilities, about everything went right. The team made the playoffs 1 time since the world series, winning 1 game.

Because of that, he got promoted almost 10 years later to president. Something that rarely happens to GMs, and even more rare GM's with 1 world title.

Enter Rick Hahn. After a handwash season, he has been putting his signature on this team. Last year, we had a team of lazy players who could not play defense. That feels gone. We should have a solid defensive team this year. We got players known for playing hard.

It should atleast be FUN to watch White Sox baseball.

Some fans have short memories. In 2012, the Sox had a 3 game lead with ten days to go in the season, after leading for most of the season. If a fan could not enjoy that kind of season, not sure why they enjoy baseball at all. Sure, would have loved to finish it out, but during the season, the Sox played good ball that year...only 1 season back. Yet, fans denigrate the last decade as being wasted? Sox were compelling entertainment for most of that decade, yet Kenny gets hammered because he was a gambler and it only paid off in the first World Series title in 90+ years...hey it was a fluke....does not mean a thing....BS!

Give me a GM that gets the Sox a World Series anytime. You can have the exciting GM's that never win a ring.

That said, I am pleased with Rick/Kenny's moves since last July. I absolutely guarantee that some who are expressing optimism here today will be crushing management soon, but that is there thing.....I roll with the punches.