View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:58 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHISOXFAN13 View Post
Saw a story today that Frank and Maddux were the only two candidates to be on the ballots of the 17 ESPN writers with a vote.

I've been obsessively following Darren Viola on Twitter for the last week watching the ballots get posted. I was worried it was going to be close, but I agree with you. He's a lock.

Time to start planning the trip!
My dad and I have been talking about it since he retired. I've also wanted to go to Fenway most of my life, so we might fly into Boston, rent a car and drive to Cooperstown, then drive back to Boston and catch a Red Sox game before flying back. (unfortunately the Red Sox only come back home after the inductions)

EDIT: Or we might drive to Cooperstown, jaunt over to Boston for a day or two and Fenway, then drive back and hit Cleveland (we've never been to the Jake) on the way back.

2013: 4-6 plus St. Louis and Milwaukee
2012: 7-4
2011: 6-4 plus NYC parks and Minnesota
2010: 5-6
2009: 2-4 plus PNC Park in Pittsburgh

"Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled."
--David Foster Wallace, () "Roger Federer as Religious Experience"

Last edited by SephClone89; 01-06-2014 at 05:30 PM.