View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 11:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
All of the uniform changes through the years, most of them horrible, contributed more in hurting the identity of the club than anything that happened on the field. Jeff Torborg talked Reinsdorf into the final uniform change when they finally got it right and updated the classic 1959 uniforms. The Sox unis are classy and timeless now and should never be changed. Bring back the diamond sock on the roads, the tuxedo stripe on the grey pants and the sleeveless jersey on home Sundays. The '72 and '83 unis were fun to see, but nobody should be considering those as full time unis.

Also, when you look at the history of the team (photos of the World Series, Frank going into the HOF with the SOX hat, pictures of Fisk, Robin, Ozzie, Konerko, Buehrle all the way through Sale and Abreu, there is something cohesive and comforting when you look at the videos and the baseball cards or programs when they all have essentially the same uniform and same logo on the hat. It ties everything together and gives the franchise history and identity. I think it's cool that Tim Raines wore the same Sox uniform as Adam Eaton will in 2014. I may be overly sentimental about this, but that's my take.
I understand the sentimentality, but we don't have much tradition. We should have fun and wonky uniforms are fun. I don't like the sterile, classic look anymore. I loved it at one time, but change is good. There's so much about the Sox identity that's boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).