Originally Posted by doublem23
The news is streamed live online, but I honestly cannot figure out why someone who willingly moves from one place would still want to watch their local news anyway.
Lots of reasons.
1. You lived there a long time, or all or most of your life if younger.
2. You have lots of close friends and family who still live there. You talk to them often, so you like to know what's up.
3. You visit often and/or have extended stays in your old home town.
4. You "willingly" moved to your new place because your work required it, for family reasons, etc., not because you no longer love your hometown.
5. You are loyal-to-fanatic about your home town teams.
6. In your new town (also a big city), you know quite a few people who also came from your home town. Items 1,2, 3, 4 and/or 5 apply to them in varying degrees as well.
7. You love Chicago.