View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 08:56 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman35 View Post
It's fine to like the Diamond Sock logo. I like the Diamond Sock logo. But the White Sox should not care at all if I like it or you like it, they should do what they think is the best for the TEAM, and that means ignoring opinions of one or two people. They aren't just making **** up - they have surveys and research, and that must show that for whatever reason the Diamond Sock patch is not the best thing for the team's branding. If Brooks Boyer had decided that, but then a few people e-mailed him to complain and he changed his mind, then, yes, I think that would be a problem - he's not only marketing to the WSI Superfan (and he's probably marketing less to us, because we're already hooked), he's marketing to the average person.
In theory, you are absolutely right. I think the point of frustration for many of us is that we don't actually believe that Brooks and his team AREN'T just making **** up. Or, at the very least, I don't believe that, if they are making these decisions based on data, that they are in fact interpreting the data correctly.

We'll never know the truth, of course, but every season I become more and more convinced that the Sox marketing team doesn't know what they're doing.