View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 12:42 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman35 View Post
No, I didn't go to Soxfest, and maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect people that go to Soxfest aren't the same as people who go to games.

As for "all the '05 merch" they can sell, again, I dunno. It's the same logo, so right there it loses the whole retro thing. They'll sell some things I'm sure, but I don't recall seeing a ton of Bears Super Bowl Anniversary stuff or Bulls NBA Championship stuff. I mean, there's some, but it's not like 75% of fans are going to run out and buy a t-shirt reminding them of something that happened 10 years ago.

There's also the fact that if they push it too hard, there's going to be a group of people who just use it as an excuse to complain about how little the team has done since.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, 2005 was amazing and I'd love if they really push it and it really does something big, I just don't see it happening.
People are gonna complain regardless.

I've only been to SoxFest twice, both times I have met several people that attended multiple games during the season. Regardless, we are trying to attract people that don't go to games. Just a question - who do you think goes to SoxFest? I'm curious. As a partial season guy, I get passes from my rep.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's all very dependent on how good we do this year. No promotion can replace winning games when it comes to attendance.