View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 09:06 PM
WSI High Priest

I follow the Expos now that they play in Washington DC under a different name. Lots of people wear Expos gear to the stadium, but they are never shown on the Jumbotron. A few Expos greats have retired numbers displayed in the stadium and the TV color man is a former Expo who talks about his time in Montreal a lot, but apart from that nobody mentions anything about the pre-2005 history of that franchise. I don't know why the ownership has taken this hostile stance: perhaps they believe that the history will revert back to a new Montreal franchise at some point.

When they played an interleague series in Toronto a few years ago (where the Bryce Harper "clown question bro" incident happened) there was an old man in an Expos jersey sitting right behind home plate, best seat in the house. My heart went out to him.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides