View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 09:07 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
I follow the Expos now that they play in Washington DC under a different name. Lots of people wear Expos gear to the stadium, but they are never shown on the Jumbotron. A few Expos greats have retired numbers displayed in the stadium and the TV color man is a former Expo who talks about his time in Montreal a lot, but apart from that nobody mentions anything about the pre-2005 history of that franchise. I don't know why the ownership has taken this hostile stance: perhaps they believe that the history will revert back to a new Montreal franchise at some point.

When they played an interleague series in Toronto a few years ago (where the Bryce Harper "clown question bro" incident happened) there was an old man in an Expos jersey sitting right behind home plate, best seat in the house. My heart went out to him.
I don't think Nats fans care about where the team came from, and I don't imagine Expos fans are all that happy about how their team came to leave town. Won't find too many Colts fans in Baltimore...or Ravens fans in Cleveland.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.