View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 03:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
The underlying assumption that progress or performance is guaranteed is what makes this thread hilarious.

Yes, you're definitely right, no teams ever suffer declines in performance or injuries. It is guaranteed the Sox are about to kill the damn game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
Right. The predicament is that, once again, we are dealing with ifs and having to make sure a bunch of things pan out. That's not a great position to be unless you make additions. Substantial ones.
What's so "hilarious" about being hopeful about all the talent making its way through the system? I must be missing something because I don't see anyone saying anything about this being "guaranteed" as you suggest.

I didn't realize fans weren't allowed to dream about a future lineup that features TA, Moncada, Jimenez, Robert, Madrigal, and Vaughn just because nothing is guaranteed in life and we don't have a crystal ball to ensure future performance.

May as well shut down all discussion on this board about the future of this ball club since it's not 100% certain to be successful.