View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 07:57 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
I always found it odd that they were hitting him leadoff. Yeah, he can run and hit (or so we've been told), but if your bat is your better weapon, it would be better to hit lower in the order. Personally, I feel like Sanchez is a perfect candidate, and his two RBI triples in this last game helped his case. If Engel could do as much at the plate as he does in the field, I would have nominated him instead.

Or maybe Yoan is just going through what Alexei always did, which was struggle until the weather warmed up. If that's the case, you can't put him at the top of the lineup. Speed is fine, but the idea of a leadoff man is to get on base and set a tone for the rest of the lineup. What good is Yoan's speed if he's not able to use it on the basepaths? At a time when OBP is being emphasized more and more, every manager should be thinking about this. Hopefully, the thought has at least crossed Renteria's mind.
The first sentence in the last paragraph is the right one, especially since this is his first Chicago April ever.

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.