View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 12:43 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Illinois state income tax negates the higher overall dollar figure. The state taxes make the Sox offer a lower offer in take-home pay. Again, not necessarily assessing blame here, but it is something to be considered.

As for “proven top-end talent,” I agree with Dome. Giolito, Moncada, and TA all only have their 2020 excellence as proof. As far as multiple seasons of excellence, the only guy that comes to mind is Grandal.
I love all 3 of those guys. But Giolito has some concerning splits (Really bad July and Septembers)

Moncada looks great, And his September was particularly amazing. But September is historically a better hitters month because of the expanded rosters pitchers being in games.

With both Those guys, with TA, I want to see it again. They showed they can do it, but all 3 have prove it years. I by means said they don't have what COULD BE top end talent, but right now, none of them have really proven anything is my point.

Also, I don't know that I would say Grandal is anywhere near top end. He was 8th in C war last year, he is a good player, he frames very well, but I don't think he is an elite level C talent.

To be fair, I don't even know if Wheeler really is/was a top level P. He could easily be a 3 that looks better with a thinner pitching market. But if you take a step backwards from him instead of forwards, it only gets more disappointing.