View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 02:37 PM
WSI Prelate

As Sox Machine's Jim Margalus writes today,

Quote:
...it strikes me that all six American League contenders have added to their pitching staffs. The National League is a little slower in this regard, so the White Sox still may find suitors, especially since the bulk of these deals have caught the rumormongers by surprise. If I had to guess, Id wager the reliever market has tilted toward the Sox while the starter market has moves to go, but its more fog than smoke out there.

I've preached this a lot, but I really hope Hahn can package as many of our chips as possible in one deal for a higher ranked prospect (like last year's deal for Rutherford and Clarkin), rather than multiple trades netting multiple lower-ranked/unranked projects, if only because its easier to scour the top ends of clubs' system than sift through the detritus.

As such, Hahn should set his sights on trying to acquire prospects like Arizona's RHP Jon Duplantier, 1B Pavin Smith; Atlanta's LHP Kolby Allard, LHP Max Fried, 3B Austin Riley; Colorado's 3B Colton Welker; the Dodgers' C Keibert Ruiz, RHP Mitchell White, RHP Dennis Santana; Philadelphia's RHP Adonis Medina; or Pittsburgh's RHP Shane Baz, or 3B Ke'Bryan Hayes.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.