View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 03:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Did you just think "Hmm, what topic could I troll on today?" and land on this one?
No - I think I've been plenty positive about many things
  • I'm a long-term Rodon optimist. I have taken the position in many threads that Rodon's current injury status is of little macrohistorical concern, he does not need to have a good MLB season until 2020 and 2021
  • I am similarly a Burger optimist - I think he can come back from his terrible recent injury, but have not yet voiced this opinion on WSI
  • I have doubts about Luis Robert, almost entirely to do with his injury history, but have kept quiet about them.
  • I have been at the forefront of telling people to stop complaining about Tatis, he's gone.
  • I even recently expressed optimism about Yolmer Sanchez and compared him to Juan Uribe, which is high praise from me. Even at my most negative and cynical, I always said good things about Juan Uribe. He was "my boy", exempt from the pessimism and doubt I had for the rest of the Sox.

However, Yoan Moncada is a top-rated prospect we received by trading away possibly the best player to ever put on a White Sox uniform, certainly the best pitcher to wear a White Sox uniform in my lifetime. He is a centerpiece of this rebuild. And he has so far not impressed me. I was wondering what other thoughtful Sox fans were thinking, and when they would join me in worrying.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides