View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 04:29 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Pitching has always been a hallmark of this franchise, this is simply ghastly and worse they really have no available options to fix this three years into a rebuild.

Injuries or not this shows how thin the overall depth for pitching is with this organization is if the best they can do are stiffs, retreads and has-been's.

Just unacceptable.

There are so many issues with the pitching from injuries to development to the evaluation of talent on the market that no one should be comfortable in their job.

Pitching in general worries me because it seems in light of the CWS staff issues pitchers in general. What philosophies, what physical stresses are being imposed on younger players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
That was just plain embarrassing. They didn't even look like a major league team. I really thought the worst of the rebuild was over. I didn't know what I was thinking.

I'll make my final analysis after the season; not after a lopsided loss.
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004