View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 11:29 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
That game included dueling 1.0 inning relief appearance by the following Barons pitchers:
Burr: 3 ER, 2 H, 2 BB, 0 K
Hamilton: 1 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 1 K

Not exactly a good outing by either reliever, but this time Hamilton bested Burr.
I'm rooting for both of them to make it all the way to the Sox bullpen just because of all the amazing references that can be made.

Brooks Boyer should be saying to himself, "I am not throwing away my shot."

The message to the fans would be, "White Sox baseball: Be in the Room When It Happens."

As a team of homegrown youngsters, they should embrace the label of "young scrappy, and hungry."

For the same reason I'm rooting for Jace Fry and Nicky Delmonico to earn spots with the club long term, and I'm hoping that Jake Burger recovers fully and becomes a solid/star 3B eventually, and that the Sox can draft Seth Beer in the second round and he could become a worthy slugging successor to Abreu. Burger, Fry, Beer, Delmonico: We already have pretty good ballpark fare; think of the promotional possibilities!
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.