View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 12:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
I find this ironic. TA wins a batting title, Moncada and McCann have career years, Abreu rebounds.

I get that our offense was lacking in XBH and walks, but it sure seems like Steverson had more success stories than the previous few hitting coaches.

I liked Menechino as a minor leaguer, but I have no idea whether he will help the offense. I have to assume that, as an organizational guy, he had an advantage over all the qualified hitting coaches who didn't play here.

We still had one of the worst offenses in baseball. Individual accomplishment is great, but let's not act like this isn't one of...again...the worst offenses in baseball. We can argue why that is, but what we can't argue about is that we have...one of the worst offenses in baseball. Scored the 24th most runs out of 30 teams. And only 3 of the worse teams were in the NL, where there is no DH.

There's a lot of reasons we only won 72 games. But really, there are more concerns as to why we SHOULDN'T have won that many games. We have a lot more holes than we have prospects ready to fill before we are competitive.