View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 09:25 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
24th with four black holes doesnít shock me or scare me about the future. Weíre going to plug at least two of them immediately with very highly regarded prospects and we have a largish second group right behind them battling for a couple spots that we can stopgap in the meantime. I like what I saw of Collins at the plate, I think he is going to surprise some people.

Iím good with where our hitting depth is immediately and not far down the line. Just give me some damn pitching. Itís depressing watching the dogs we had to trot out there every other day and every day out of the pen. Pitching is essential to this rebuild and needs to be addressed ASAP with at least one big time veteran. The right arms could change my outlook, immediately.
I keep repeating myself but Robert and Madrigal haven't proven a thing at the major league level and also, neither of them draw walks at a decent clip. Moncada and TA had high averages with really high BABIP each so historically there will probably be regression. Collins is good at taking walks. Vaughn will (hopefully) be good at doing the same, as will Gavin Sheets and Steele Walker.

Even with the improvements and the possible immediate boost from 2 more hyped prospects, this team has shown nothing in terms of developing hitters who can take walks and avoid strikeouts. The team has been among the worst in the majors in that regard, positional black holes or no. This wasn't just a failure of the hitting coach- to be this bad for this long, it's an organizational failure.

JD Martinez is an elite hitter and I'd love it if they could get him but he's opting out of his contract meaning 3 years / $20M per isn't going to cut it.