View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 02:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Here in DC, the Nationals TV guy says "SEE! YOU! LATER!" for home runs, and the Nationals radio guy says "BANG! ZOOM!" for home runs, which I think is supposed to imitate the sound that fireworks make (though fireworks for HRs were discontinued at Nationals games over a decade ago due to neighborhood noise complaints, except for playoff games). I don't know that either has national currency.

For the White Sox, I will always remember the short-lived "Uh-oh! That's an n-run bye-bye!" call that Darrin Jackson tried to make happen in 2006. I actually went to a Sox game that year with a homemade sign that had DJ's face on it, with the words "Uh-oh! That's an [ ] run bye-bye!" written on them, and a little slit where I could insert the numbers 1, 2, 3, or 4 in case of a home run. But alas the Sox won that game without hitting a single home run! Of course "Light it up!" is the objectively superior Sox HR call from the 2000's.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides