View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 01:41 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Agree. We just need to spend some cash on multi-tool hitters this offseason. Konerko's $13.5, Floyd's $9.5 and Crain's $4.5 could go a long way, even more so if we can find a taker for or bite the bullet on Dunn...
No one is going to take Dunn, people just need to accept that reality. I think everyone needs to realize that Hahn has this team in a circle pattern for the time being, waiting out some of the high priced vets contracts and/or seeing if they can be moved for anything. Rios's contract is no longer an anchor now that he's A) one of the best outfielders in the AL and B) only on the hook for another season. Peavy's deal is very team friendly now. Konerko, Floyd, Dunn, Thornton, Peavy, and Rios are all probably gone by the end of 2014.

I know it sucks right now and I'm not telling people that they have to think like I do or even think I'm not completely crazy, but there's going to be a lot of roster turnover around here in the next few years and hopefully the Sox will still have the pitching that it won't be as painful a rebirth as some think it will be.

2015 Obligatory Attendance/Record Tracker
1-2

LAST GAME: May 22 - Sox 3, Twins 2
NEXT GAME: June 8 - Sox vs. Astros